FIN 419 Signature Assignment Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Performance (Starbucks in Australia)
This Tutorial was purchased 5 times & rated
A by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- FIN 419 N Signature A Statement Analysis and Firm Performance (Starbucks).docx
- FIN 419 N Signature A Statement Analysis and Firm Performance (Starbucks)PPT.pptx
About Your Signature Assignment
Signature/Benchmark Assignments are designed to align with specific program student learning outcome(s) in your program. Program Student Learning Outcomes are broad statements that describe what students should know and be able to do upon completion of their degree. Signature/Benchmark Assignments are graded with a grading guide or an automated rubric that allows the University to collect data that can be aggregated across a location or college/school and used for course/program improvements.
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to allow students the opportunity to present a business idea supported by strong financial information. The student will be able to identify the possible challenges of doing business in a foreign country and how to approach them.
Resources: Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Signature Assignment: Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Performance Template
Prepare a 16- to 20- slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation showing the details of a business you are interested in starting in a foreign country, and for which you need $300,000. The presentation should include the following information:
• Business name
• Executive summary
• Description of the foreign country
• Business description and structure
• Market and company analysis
• Marketing and sales operational plan
• How you plan to use the $300,000
• Financial statements forecast (3 years)
• Business health assessment - using the following ratios:Liquidity ratios
• Solvency ratios
• Asset management ratios
• Profitability ratios
• Market value ratios
Analyze and calculate the following scenarios in 525 words, including which one would you choose and why, and which financing option is best for your busines:
• Investor #1 decided to loan you the $300,000, paying all of the interest (8% per year) and principal in one lump sum at the end of 5 years.
• Investor #2 offers you the $300,000, paying interest at the rate of 8% per year for 4 years and then a final payment of interest and principal at the end of the 5th year.
Discuss in 525 words the challenges and risks you may face in starting a business in a foreign country including the following:
• Cultural, business, and political risks.
• How you plan to avoid operational, transaction, and translation exposure